who we are
Shai Carmel & Co. was founded by Advocate Shai Carmel in 1991. Our law firm specialises in commercial and civil matters with a strong emphasis on the representation of foreign investors and international parties doing business in Israel. We deal in real estate, contracts, hi-tech, corporate, debt recovery, enforcement of foreign judgments, commercial litigation and probate matters.
We believe in providing high quality legal services combining an advanced, international, modern and dynamic approach, catering for clients' requirements, while at the same time building and maintaining a strong close personal relationship with our clients.
Our offices are located in the heart of Neve Tzedek, Tel Aviv’s most fashionable neighborhood.
Shai Carmel is a graduate of the Tel Aviv University Law Faculty (1983) and was admitted to the Israeli Bar in 1984. He is the founding partner of the firm.
Shai deals in real estate and property transactions in Israel, international commercial investments, trusts and off shore structuring, hi tech transactions, companies and corporate matters, wills and probate.
Shai is bilingual (Hebrew and English) and also speaks French.
Shai is a graduate of the Harvard Law School Negotiation Workshop (2004).
Shai is married to Rivi and they have three children and a beloved dog.
His hobbies include non fiction literature, modern American history and politics as well as having a passionate love for English football.
Shai is a keen and ardent supporter of Manchester United Football Club.
Meir Klinger is a graduate of the Tel Aviv University Law Faculty (1983) and was admitted to the Israeli Bar in 1985. Prior to joining the firm in 1995 he served in the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) as a prosecutor, defence attorney and judge.
Meir deals with commercial and civil litigation, arbitration and mediation, debt recovery, real estate and corporate matters.
Meir's experience with the IDF was in criminal matters and he is conversant with criminal law.
Meir is married to Ofra and they have three children.
His hobbies include cooking and wine tasting as well as football and basketball.
Meir is also a keen supporter of Manchester United Football Club.
Shai Carmel & Co.'s real estate and property practice deals with residential as well as commercial and retail real estate transactions in Israel.
The firm enjoys vast experience in dealing with selling, purchasing and leasing of residential, commercial and retail properties in Israel.
Our services include advising on particular transactions, drafting the relevant agreements and dealing with Israeli real estate tax issues.
We specialise in catering for overseas investors in Israel who are interested in purchasing a home or foothold in Israel.
Our services regarding property transactions in Israel will include:
- Drafting the relevant transaction documents in English, or providing the client with a synopsis of the transaction in English in the event the transaction documents are in Hebrew.
- Structuring the purchase/investment using off shore corporate vehicles/structures where required by the client.
- Advising on the way real estate transactions are carried out in Israel, including various aspects which are unique to the Israeli real estate market.
- Dealing with Israeli real estate tax issues.
- Linking the client with professional English speaking, reliable real estate brokers.
- Advising on real estate and tax issues involving the probate of foreign estates in Israel.
- Assisting a foreign purchaser with obtaining real estate financing, mortgages and loans in Israel, including drafting and advising on the documentation.
- Arranging preferred rates for foreign currency conversions with Israeli banks.
- We also offer property management services for foreign investors' real estate in Israel.
Foreign Investments in Israel:
Our services include representing foreign investors in commercial transactions and business investments in Israel from the early stage of initial negotiations to drafting all the transaction documentation and advising the client throughout the negotiations.
Our services are provided entirely in English and we provide translation of Hebrew documents, where and when required.
Our services will include:
- Agreements for the sale and acquisition of companies and businesses.
- Hi-tech investment agreements.
- Agency, distribution, joint venture and commercial contracts.
- Loan, mortgages and financing agreements and documentation.
- Employer – Employee relations.
Hi Tech / Corporate:
We offer legal services concerning Hi-tech investment and corporate matters for investors in startup companies as well as in established corporations. Our services include:
- Share purchase agreements / Shareholders agreements.
- Private placements.
- Share option agreements.
- Employee stock option plans.
- Joint ventures.
- Know-how agreements.
- Grants and funding applications.
- Generally advising on hi tech investments in Israel.
Our experience includes acting for foreign individual investors and investors' groups as well as acting as legal counsel to Israeli Hi-tech startup companies.
Wills and Probate :
We provide professional advice on all matters involving wills and probate issues and the execution and administration of estates in Israel, including:
- Probate and inheritance legal proceedings in Israel.
- Drafting of wills.
- Executor and administration services for estates.
- Dealing with tax matters involving real estate assets.
Our firm has accumulated considerable experience in probating foreign estates which include assets in Israel.
Litigation, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution :
We offer litigation services in Israeli courts as well as mediation and arbitration representation in Israel. Our services include:
- Commercial and real estate disputes.
- Litigation involving matters of Private International Law.
- Debt recovery and enforcement of foreign judgments in Israel.
- International arbitration and dispute resolution.
- Corporate and shareholders' disputes.
- Employment matters.
- Criminal matters/ Extradition.
For further details please contact Meir Klinger.
Shai Carmel & Co. is the exclusive Israeli member firm of INTERLEGES - an international association of commercial law firms.
Being part of INTERLEGES enables us to provide our clients with high quality professional legal services using the INTERLEGES network of associated commercial law firms in all major countries in Western and Eastern Europe, the USA and the Far East.
contact and arrival
17, Kfar Saba Street
6514785 Tel Aviv Israel
Shai Carmel & Co. is a law firm advising on Israeli law.
The information provided on this website is intended for general information only and is not intended to be relied upon or to be a substitute for specific legal advice. You should obtain specific legal advice prior to taking, or refraining from taking, any action.
This website is owned by Shai Carmel & Co. and is protected by copyright.
© Shai Carmel & Co.